Friday, September 01, 2006

A Million Thanks To You (by Pilita C.)

Three weeks after my birthday, I was still contemplating on writing something about what transpired on the day I marked the 37th year of my so-called life on this earth. Have chronicled the events in my phone's camera and I thought a substantial blog to thank the people who surrounded me on that occasion would be quite sublime. But looking at them, I realized, these photos are already worth a thousand words. I have been thought to have written some of the longest blogs in the net but reaching into my innermost feelings to write something for my birthday just doesn't seem to make sense. These photographs quite say a lot. Can't seem to add anything on what they say. Susan Sonnetag, in her book Photographs, said that taking somebody's picture takes away a portion of that person's soul. I understand very well what she meant by such when I downeloaded these photos into my PC. Suddenly, everything came back to me. The laughter. The company. The faces of people so intelligent and true. And I thank God for surrounding me with such characters.

So let me simply post them here and cap them with little notes. This one is enough for a visual blog (I wish I could play Heather Small of M People's What Have You Done Today as you brouse through these pics):

It was a whole week's celebration. It started with making peace with Ryo and seeing him for the first time with a blackeye. His birthday is just a week earlier to mine. I owe him a good cheer after the Olongapo incident so Shinanigan and I met him at Bar Uno, Timog, for a much delayed shindig.

Sorry_pogTsunkre_birthday

A couple of days after Zambales, I met my Bagbag (Bagong Baybag; Baybag is my babytalk version of baby for Ryo) at a bar. Drunk, he was never afraid to approach me and get to know my name. I have to let my readers know that I am not known to have a friendly countenance at the bars, or elsewhere for that matter. I'm The Bull, right? I ignored his requests for dates. Thanks to boredom, I finally went out with him and discovered a beautiful and extremely kind person inside him. On my birthday, we officially became an item. Now I'm human again.

Bagbag_and_me

Saisaki. What's a birthday without a sushi. You can plant a candle on raw fish and sing me Happy Birthday and I would thank you for the rest of my life. Bagbag didn't but he did take me to Saisaki. I craved for a balloon and party hats and one balloon from another birthday celebration being catered in the restaurant happend to stray beside me. Ahhhh... birthday magic happens.

Saisaki_2

On the eve of my birthday, I was deppressed. I canceled a trip to Boracay for a beach party i was organizing in Subic to be attended by friends and family. We could not get reservations. Beach party was canceled. Ryo and Porto came to the rescue. They took me to dinner at Gery's Grille, Morato, for BBT. There they met Bagbag who was simply then a mere oblivious suitor. Porto said Bagbag is nice. Ryo smircked. He still can't get over me. Nyak nyak nyak...

Bbt_birthday_2 Bbt_birthday

Old friends. New friends. Whether in the kitchen preparing carbonara or around a table downing bottles of beer... Ecto howling songs in Cubao like a demented songstress... they stick with me all these years. I am a good man after all.

240406_0429

Friends_3 Friends_2 Friends_1

Carbonara


We went out of Bed, Malate, with the sun rising. I felt like Lestat covering my eyes. While having breakfast along the street at Silya, Nakpil, emotions caught up on me. No, it was love bite. I grabbed Bagbag and kissed him right next to tables full of revelers. I don't know what they're being happy about, but I know exactly what I am celebrating. Sabel, this must be Looooove!
Image023


Two weeks after my birthday, the partying was still raging. In Ortigas, we showed the straight crowd how gays party at Side Bar Cafe where my bestfriend (Ryoichi) and my lover (Bagbag) had a great time together.

200506_2247 Us

MARAMING MARAMING SALAMAT SA INYONG LAHAT

No comments: