Friday, March 09, 2007

DA MI QUINTA AUT DA ME TRICENTUM ILLI.




Inside Gateway theatre we sit. We waited. And we waited. We waited for the showing of 300.

Once it begun I exclaimed, “Be careful with what you’re waiting for. It might just get started.” I palpitated. I ogled. I cringed (hand me a better word, I ‘m lost). If not for the airconditioning, I could have sweated buckets. Man, I came. That was one fuc’n moveh!

It was again another night for the XMen (Porto being the ex of Ryoichi, and Ryoichi being my ex). Prior to watching the movie, we converged in Rasa, one of those restaurants around Araneta Coliseum. It claims to be Singaporean. I am not really sure what makes a cuisine Singaporean. Like the Indians, they use too much curry. Everything is yellow. There’s a flash of Chinese and a hint of Indonesian. But before their independence, I think, there is something Malaysian about this concoction. Wait, how do I even know this or that is Malaysian? Indonesian? I digress.

So there we were in Rasa…

Ryo was with a date. Again. Nice guy. Not that he kept laughing at all my stories which, everyone knows, I deliver with panache. He’s just nice. Praxedes once met one of Ryo’s friends whom he wrote about in his blog recently. Obviously, Praxedes was smitten by that Gemini man. Yes, I think that’s how I would call that other friend of Ryo: Geminiman.

Geminiman is definitely attractive. Intelligent. Conversant. Somebody one might call a renaissance man. Sigh, though. He’s not even gay (is that my tongue stuck to my cheek). When he left us that night, Praxedes could only exclaim, “Hay, ang mga lalaki ni Kiko…”

O, there was also the dean of a school in Dasmarinas! That one’s a cutie, too. But I digress.

So there he was. That latest date of Ryo. I think he’s a lawyer. He reminds me of Ryo’s date three weekends ago. Well, he’s not really a date since the guy merely dropped by our table in one of the bars in Malate. He’s like a once-dated guy. I think he’s a chemist. Nice dimpled smile. Poor kid, though, I was giving him the bully stare. He came in at the wrong time. I was already dancing with Red Horse. When he left, Porto said I don’t have to worry about that one. “Mawawala din yan.”

Again, I digress.

So, there he was again. The date of Ryo. The lawyer guy. Well, he left us in between dinner and movie (that’s like after-dinner-on-the-way-to-the-movie time-frame) so there’s really nothing much to say about him except maybe for the good shirt-tie combination. He begged off from joining us since, according to him, he has an appointment (say ment with a grin). In spite my warning, he left: “Ok. Go and we’ll talk about you.”

We didn’t.

300. 300 overly-defined sexy warriors (see them in the movie and you’ll understand why the flatulent adjectives). There are also the numbers of limbs cut, chopped and pierced. There were hundreds, even thousands, of human corpses skewered and piled up like walls. The way they were killed made me doubt if these were humans really. Baygon and Raid should use the fighting scene for a convincing anti-roach commercial. Blood here. Blood there. Blood everywhere. And those chests! They look like they’re ready to be launched. Are those standard Spartan war issue?

Shit. Give me five or give me 300 of those.

No comments: