Saturday, May 19, 2007

TRYING HARD TO BE KIND


My sleeping pattern consists of closing my eyes, opening it again after three minutes, open my computer games. Play. I get drowsy. I play some more. I open my blog site. I blog. Then, BLOG! I fall asleep.

Usually, this happens between 4 and 6 in the morning. So imagine me wandering dreamland by six half or seven. By that time, you’d already been taking your shower, breakfast, or morning papers. Either those or you’re still struggling with your morning erection. Assuming you’re male.

This morning, I changed my sleeping pattern. Not that I skipped the gaming and all. Prior to hitting the sack, I watched three Bruce Willis movies none stop. There was Fifth Element for the nth time. Then Hart’s War starring my stalker, Collin Farrel. And Tears of the Sun (no comment... just hand me a tissue). After two dick-flicks (remind me to mention where I got that word) and one tear jerker, I proceeded to gaming. Then blog. Yes, I am making you covet my life.

A couple of weeks ago, as I was keeping Ryoichi company for a two-day confinement in Cardinal Santos, I brought along some DVDs to watch. One was Infamous. It was about one of my favorite writer, Truman Capote, investigating on some gruesome small-town massacre and thus coming up with a book In Cold Blood. Truman was portrayed as a darling of his circle. A confidante to some socialites, if he’s not writing. However, Truman can be a vulture. One friend of his confided about her husband’s affairs. Truman assured her, “O, your secret is safe with me.” Not so. I read about this secret in his unfinished book, Answered Prayer.

Truman is all wit, total flamboyance, and in Infamous, seem possessed with reluctant sincerity, suspicious honesty, and malignant magnanimity. I want to be like him. In fact, I envy him. If I am to believe that mutants exist, the X-Men variety, Truman is one. His power to manipulate is of super-human proportions: he can extract information from the most hardened of criminals; and make a murderer fall in-love in the process. Me? I can only manipulate my DVD-player with the help of a well-written instruction manual.

O, yes, I did write about my friends and their secrets. And it’s been a long time since I gossiped about them. Ok, maybe this time I will try to be gentle, or nobody will show up on my birthday next year:

Ryoichi had a near-fatal vehicular accident. But that’s not his secret. He’s still loveless. Don’t tell anybody.

Praxedes recently celebrated his 34th birthday. For some, age is a guarded secret but none with my friends. We’re proud to have aged gracefully. If ever Praxedes has a secret, it’s one I desire. The brand-name of which is Brando(n).

Gab has no secrets at all. Gods! My life could be considered an open book, but its a mere magazine compared to his.

Nympha. He has no secrets. Honest. Go see his PC movie files.

Rollo is all secret. And he scatters them all over Palawan 2 in Cubao.

Ninghao... uhm, we wont even have to mention this one if we are to talk about secrets.

If only my friends are famous, then I could be infamous.

Look, I’m trying to utilize the little kindness I have. But then again, I’m not blessed with one.

Perhaps.

No comments: