Friday, August 04, 2006

Porto Finish


Dear Porto,

In an irrational world, an anapestic meter should not stand alone. It must with other meter combine, whether dactyl or trochae, to make musicality out of a simple line. It becomes the only beautiful thing that makes the irrational rational. When it stands alone, it merely says empty. Square. The end result, understanding in futility.

Heavyyy! Ain't it?

Hey, literature is my minor. Philosophy is my major. I ended up as a writer. As such, I see things that weren't there for the ordinary eye to see. I see a crooked line in what suppose to be the shortest distance between two points. I hear meaning higher that the one said, like a dog that catches even the most inaudible. I am cursed to be abnormal. Fortunately, there's just so many of us in this planet. Yes, tell Mulder I am not alone.

Tonight, far from the coffee places of Makati City, where I previously blogged about names being reduced to absurdity, we once more BBTed at a coffee place nestled in front of SM City (no pun intended). With me around the table were Ryoichi, Chocnut, Doc Cryo, and you to whom I am blogging this, ahm... blog (sorry, some of my brain cells are already fast asleep; it's 5:30 am and we had one too many of beer).

Chocnut is so named because of his dark complexion. As you may have noticed, many times have people have been asking if somebody was sitting on his seat. He was that dark. And tall. And oo-na-sya-sya-handsome. As Ryoichi, your hubby and my ex, have foretold, Chocnut was Ryoichi's comrade-at-arms during the trying days of our breakup. He also happened to be a student of my housemate, Rollo Dolphino. See, he wasn't that stealthy, after all.

Would you agree that Doc Cryo looked two years younger than his age? I suspect he was in a cyogenic suspension for the same number of years. I met Doc Cryo in the internet in the early days of my breakup with Tamburong. He was also then mending a broken heart. With our help Doc Cryo and Chocnut are now dating.

These two guys should get hitched so we can move on!

Tamburong was Ryoichi's date before I met him. As the story goes, Ryoichi bragged about me in front of Tamburong during their clandestine dates. The cherubic slut did an impressive story of me that Tamburong, intrigued, hunted me down in the internet. There he found me at Faceparty.com as his sya-na-nga. Then Tamburong and I became The Item. The dream-team, once the epitome of gay-is-the-way, me and Ryoichi, ended our eight years.

Thus, begun your luck, Kiddo. Keep wearing that ring. Wag mo sayangin ang sacrifices ko.

Tamburong is now allegedly happy in the lap of Duffy D. Short, Duffy D walks with his butt three inches behind his back. Duffy D is the ex of my best friend, Ninghao. Ninghao, unlike Ningning who is purportedly-Taiwanese-nationalistically-Main-Land, is simply Filipino-Chinese-mistakenly-Korean-mistakenly-Japanese-but-not-Vietnamese. Ninghao met Duffy D in an orgy. As Duffy D's story repeats itself, Duffy D met Tamburong in an orgy. And so did Tamburong's story repeated itsel - intrigued: Duffy D made a good impression of himself to Tamburong as the elusive sya-na-nga.

Coincidentally tonight, at a distant table was Ryoichi's ex, Nameless. Nameless was your hubby's hubby after me, before you. So there you have, at one time in one place, was my ex's past (Nameless), present (you), and past perfect (me:-). Remind me to commend Ningning for this quip.

Now, nothing could be more Melrose Place than that. Only that this convulusion of characters are for real.

"Really now?! Really now?!" you may ask in your characteristic Portuguese twang with rhythmic intonation. Of which Ryoichi was fond to giggly ridicule tonight. Of which I, tonight, fondly decipher whether it carried an anapestic, dactyllic, or trochaic meter. But only you can rhyme it the way you say NO the-way-you-say-NO. The pronunciation. The diction. The intonation. I don't NO. To whichever ryhme it would be, I accept. It was beautifully said, anyway... especially your way. Just like how I now accept that in this irrational world, things happen, after all, rationally.

Tonight I was in great company. How, in this irrational world, could have I met such a stealthy but jolly person in Chocnut; a truly humble person in Doc Cryo; love endlessly a dedicated Ryoichi; recall the misadventures of Ninghao and the wit of Ningning; or find my Ryoichi somebody to deservely love, you, dear Porto... if I was still with Tamburong?

That one so surprised, like you, would ask musically REALLY NOW?

I simply reply REALLY... beautifully.

(hug. kiss. hug)


No comments: