Saturday, August 05, 2006

What I Need to Learn I Learned from G4M


Yep, some things could still be learned from that site. And I must admit, the unlikely reality humbles me. Now, visitng that site for "friends lang po" is no longer a lame excuse for being there. Hey, it could still be lame but it's the truth.

So before I post my blog on that summer vacation that ended with a hit (pun intended), let me post here what I got from one of the account profiles I was clicking. And, yes, I have yet to meet the guy. What SEB?

There can never be any relationship that can claim immunity from failure.

People are sometimes torn apart by forces beyond their control.
Many of us make promises that we could not keep.
We vow to love someone forever only to find ourselves falling for someone else.
This attraction can be intense that we become insensitive to the needs of others.
We resist reasons and insist on passion.
Many of us who have been left by a beloved continue to wallow in self-pity, asking what went wrong.
We waste our time searching for answers that may never be revealed to us.
Why can't we just accept that LOVE doesn't give us the license to own a person, that LOVE doesn't guarantee permanence?
There are times when we just have to let go of someone who means the world to us - not because we want to but because we have to, because it's the right thing to do.
Let us remember that we cannot force anyone to love us when they don't want to love us anymore.
We cannot beg someone to stay when he wants to leave and be with someone else.
This is what LOVE is all about: SACRIFICE...
It is about learning.
It is about accepting everything.
The end of LOVE is not the end of LIFE.
It should be the beginning of understanding that love leaves for a reason.

LOVE leaves with a lesson and it is only when we learn from it that we are able to gain the wisdom and the courage to move on and find LOVE again.

6 comments:

jef said...

Oh my! That's the best advice I have heard so far. Your experience can indeed vouch your wisdom.

I will link you ha!

Gregg D'Bully said...

Thank you! Thank you! Please do.

Anonymous said...

hi, blog hopping!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Kamusta naman? Ang sarap basahin ng blog mo. :)

Gregg D'Bully said...

Hey, glad to find you here, Ari. Nakakagulat naman ang mga namemeet ko dito. So, the whole gang is here.